Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Still Hanging in here....

I'm still here, but I've been feeling pretty crappy lately. I just finished my 14 day round of antibiotics, but I still don't feel well. I feel achy and after being on the same pain medication for three years, they just don't seem to be doing the job anymore. I know that the constant days of rain are affecting my mood. I'm longing for sunshine to keep me sane.


Tomorrow, I go back to treatment after taking a break to get over a pretty serious sinus infection. It will be the last appointment that I will have with my current Oncologist. He is taking a position in another part of the country, so I have been forced to look for a new doctor. Fortunately, I am really excited about my choice in a new doctor. He did his residency and fellowship at the Mayo clinic here in Minnesota. So, his qualifications  are something to be a little excited about. I was scared of this change, but now I am very hopeful.


The kids have been out of school for almost a month now and I'm enjoying spending more time with them this summer. No matter what happens in my life, I can always count on my three little munchkins putting a smile on my face. There is a scurry of excitement over my youngest child's upcoming 4th birthday. It's bittersweet to watch him learn and grow. He was only a couple of days past his first birthday when our lives changed forever. I am feeling so very fortunate to be here to celebrate another birthday with him. Every day is a blessing.


Life is busy with the kids, working on my BA in education, and keeping up with all the housework. I am working on being a little more consistent with this blog, but I find I always update on Facebook more frequently. I'm working on it.


As always, thank you for your continuous thoughts and prayers. 


Love,
Vicki

No comments:

Post a Comment