Thursday, October 8, 2009

Chemo Cycle 6

We've reached the halfway pint of my treatment. Each cycle seems to get harder with the side effects. I've been steadily losing weight and am working hard to try and keep my weight at a steady level, but it gets harder as treatment continues. I know that I have to work harder at forcing myself to eat no matter what. The nurse at treatment yesterday gave me an awesome cookbook that gives lots of great tips on what to eat during each side effect. I'm definitely going to put it to good use.

Day 1 went well. The Benedryl always wipes me out, so other than checking out the book..I spent most of the four hours sleeping. It still seemed like we were there forever! Afterwards, I had to stop and get cat food so that the cats don't eat me alive. ;0)

Today is Day 2, so we face 2 hours in the treatment room and another 22 hours with the pump tonight. Tomorrow, we go and get unhooked and head directly to go and finally get my PET scan done. I'm kind of nervous about that. I'll keep everyone posted on the results.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah for the cookbook to combat the side affects. You definitely have to tell us your favorite things from there :)

    fingers crossed for the PET results - LOVE ya!

    ReplyDelete