Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Biological treatment day

Just thought I would do a quick post before heading off to treatment this afternoon. :o)

Things are going really well and I am happier than I have been in a long time. I don't look or feel sick. My liver twinges are dissipating which I am taking as a good sign that the tumor is shrinking. Still praying for complete remission in 2010. It really is difficult to feel like you are in limbo all the time, but I am dealing with it all one day at a time. I feel so fortunate that I am alive to breathe in each new day.

The kids are doing well. My oldest went through a pretty rough period these past couple of weeks, but I think we finally got it all sorted out. We've been talking a lot more lately about things and I think it is great that she is getting her feelings validated. My middle son is back at school since last week. He had a little bit of a break with the move and getting his bus route figured out. He is always so happy and excited to go to school. My littlest one is so happy in our new home. He went through a period where he was shrieking at the top of his lungs, but thankfully since we moved that has passed. They all are adjusting and seem a little happier.

As always, I am so appreciative of all the love, support, and prayers that are continually sent my way. I am very optimistic about what the future holds for me. I went through a period of feeling devastated, but now I feel that such good positive things are happening to me...it can only get better from here. I refuse to be yet another statistic and I have so much to live for.

I have my Oncologist appointment next week to go over my CT scan from July and my recent PET scan. The radiologist will compare the results, so that we know where we stand. At that time, she will determine if I need to continue my weekly biological treatments or if she has another treatment option. I will update my blog when I know more.





2 comments:

  1. VickI - that is AWESOME!!!! Yeah for not looking or feeling sick and for the tumor shrinking. I will send positive vibes your way for your appointment next week and for 100% remission. Stay positive and positive things will come your way :)

    love ya!

    D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Danica and I love you too!

    ReplyDelete