Saturday, January 9, 2010

It's been awhile since I updated my blog. The last few weeks have been pretty hectic. The kids and I downsized and moved to an apartment last week. We love it here and the kids are excited that there is a pool. Plus their Uncle lives in the same complex - in the next building over from us. We are still settling in and have to get our stuff from storage, but things are progressing. It is nice because we live in the same neighborhood, so the kids still attend the same schools.

I finally had my PET scan done last week, but won't discuss the results with my doctor until the 26th. I am nervous, but since I am feeling so good I feel that it can only be positive news. I asked for my last lab results last week and they couldn't find them in my patient file, so I will have to ask again this coming week. Tuesday starts my final round of chemo. It has been a long 6 months for everyone, but hopefully this will be it for awhile. If not, I am not sure what the next course of treatment will be. I know that there are lots of options available now and I will do whatever it takes.

My life is going really well and I am happier than I have ever been in my life despite the cancer. I have lots of really wonderful and supportive people in my life. A few (who should know who they are) have made my life incredible. I am forever grateful for the continued support, prayers, and love that have been sent my way. I really do believe that positive things are in store for me this year.

I will try to update from treatment on Treatment on Tuesday (hopefully before the Benedryl kicks in) on the status of my blood work and the start of my final treatment.

Lots of Love,
Vicki


1 comment:

  1. :) Keep up the positive attitude! It will take you far!

    ReplyDelete