Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Chemo Cycle 9

On Day two and home with my lovely pump filled with chemicals. I go tomorrow afternoon to be unhooked thankfully. I also go in for my once every three week test to check my CEA (a tumor marker for colon cancer patients) and the CA019-9. I should be able to report the results on Monday. I'm praying that the numbers have gone down.

I am worried because lately I have had lots of twinges and aches in the area where my liver is. I am just hoping that it is the chemo doing its job and not the chemo failing. It has me worried, but but I should know Monday whether or not things are working as they should be.

Otherwise, I am feeling great. I discovered that caffeine was the secret to keeping my appetite up. I have actually managed to gain 17 lbs back of the 50 lbs that I lost. I look so much better that people have actually commented on it. I don;t look so "sick" and anymore. If you didn't know that I have cancer, you would never guess now ;0)

The founder of singleton moms has been an enormous help to me. She is making sure that I have all my paperwork in order in case something does happen to me. Cancer may not take me, but I could be hit by a bus tomorrow. She is doing so many things for me and I am forever grateful. She knows how serious my diagnosis is and wants to make sure that I am taken care of. She is wonderful!

I am so blessed to have such supportive friends and family. People that I haven't talked to in years and new friends that I have made recently. I am so fortunate to have you all in my life. I have drawn strength from all of you.

The kids are doing well, but I am still trying to convince my oldest to go to therapy. I really do think that she needs to talk to someone. She is old enough to understand the reality of the situation. My middle child is constantly telling me that I am "sick". Which actually drives me batty. I don't feel "sick" and I want to call myself a survivor someday. :0) The baby of course has no clue and is thriving.

I'll update soon on the results of my tests and any other happenings.


No comments:

Post a Comment