Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Cycle 10 completed

Today was my final day of cycle 1o. I got "unhooked" and got my shot to keep my white cell count up. I had a little bit of a scare on Monday when I got the results of my blood tests. Everything was out of whack! My white cell count was extremely high, My neutrophils were at an alert level, my red cells were up, the CEA and the CA-19-9 were also elevated from last time. I was beyond scared that something was terribly wrong. I saw my Oncologist on Tuesday and she said that because I had my shot two days prior to my blood draw that it explains all of the crazy blood test results and that I should not worry. She thinks that I am progressing well and felt my liver and said that it is much better.

So, I have my PET scan on Friday and now she also wants me to have a CAT scan as well to compare to the one that they took in the hospital in July to use as a baseline. I won't get the results until I see her on December 29th. I guess this will allow me to enjoy the holidays in case there is any bad news. Keeping my fingers crossed for good results.

I want to thank everyone again for the continued support and prayers. I am really thankful to feel as good as I do right now.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah for making it through cycle 10. I can't believe you are almost done - only 2 to go! Good luck tomorrow and for your results. I cannot wait to hear about them. Hang in there and stay positive.

    LOVE you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its so hard to wait for the test results. Best of luck to you. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete