Saturday, September 12, 2009

Hospital Visitors and going home

I was so fortunate to have such a supportive family. My mom came daily and brought my daughter along. I requested that my youngest not be brought because I knew it would break my heart that I couldn't hold him. My youngest brother drew me a picture (He is an awesome artist) of my baby as I remember him best..sitting in his car seat with the air conditioning blowing in his hair with the hugest smile on his face. That vision is what got me through those days without my little boy.

Tyler and Daddy spent the first few nights with me, but we don't have a car right now since mine caught on fire on Memorial Day. So, it became to difficult for him to get to the hospital and Tyler was getting restless. So, my mom would come daily and try to encourage me as best as she could. My daughter being there was the best even though I know it was hard for her to see me like that.

I recovered quickly as I always do and couldn't wait until they gave me the okay to go home. The first few weeks home were hard, as I was still recovering from surgery and needed help. I was so fortunate that my youngest brother is as awesome as he is. He came to live with me during those first few weeks and helped to take care of the kids. He was awesome and I owe him so much!

My dad drove all the way from Minnesota to come and see me right after my release from the hospital. It was so nice the first few days to have my family together. I enjoyed that visit so much. :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment