Saturday, September 12, 2009

The Start of Chemo

I began cycle 1 of my Chemo on July 28th, 2009. I was nervous and very anxious. I had no idea what to expect to how my reaction would be to the Chemo. The first day in the treatment room was 6 hours as the initial dose takes the longest. I came home with a pump that I would have to wear for 22 hours and return to get more treatment and then another 22 hour refill. The third day, I get "unhooked". This is how the cycle will go for 6 months..well past Christmas. The medications that they give you now for nausea are awesome. For the most part, I felt pretty good. Maybe just a little more tired, not much of an appetite, and a little bit of a tummy ache.

I felt good enough that second day to go school supply and uniform shopping for my kids since they started school on August 3rd. I lost 30 lbs since my release from the hospital from my lack of appetite, so now I work really hard on maintaining,so that I don;t end up like a skeleton. ;0)

No comments:

Post a Comment